The International Festival of Arts & Ideas seeks licensed food cart and truck vendors to enhance the audience’s experience at our events. To this end, the Festival will select a roster of vendors to provide a diversity of choices, and serve a broad range of tastes.
June 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 26th, and 27th. Load in/out will be 1 hour prior and following vending times listed below. These are the ONLY times you may come and go from Temple St.
Vendors will be positioned on Temple Street between Elm and Chapel.
The day rate for all vendors is $50.
The Festival will:
• Actively market the presence of vendors at the Festival through our materials and on our website.
• Provide a vehicle pass for access to Temple St. during loading/unloading times
• Provide additional Street Lighting after dusk
• Make ice available for purchase through the Festival
All vendors must obtain appropriate insurance and permits in order to vend at the Festival.
- Temporary Vendor License Contact the New Haven Department of Buildings and Permits at 200 Orange Street, or call 203.946.8388 (M-F, 9:00AM - 1:00PM Only). Note: Permit processing takes approximately 2 weeks
- Health Department License(food vendors only.) Contact the New Haven Department of Health at 54 Meadow Street, New Haven or call 203.946.8174 for more information. Permits are $55/day.
- Certificate of Insurance. Comprehensive General Liability coverage for not less than $1,000,000.00. The International Festival of Arts & Ideas must be named as an additional insurer for the length of vending time.
- Sales and Use Tax Permit. To obtain contact the Department of Revenue Services at 860.297.5880 or visit them online at http://www.ct.gov/drs/
NOTE: Please do NOT include check at this time.
This is an application for space – not a contract. We try hard to vary the offerings to our patrons. After May 15th, we will review all complete applications and will let you know by the end of May if we can accommodate you. No deposit is required at this time. If accepted for the 2015 Festival, vendors will attend a meeting closer to the Festival and the entire fee will be requested at that time.